Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Classic Spritz Cookies


I made these spritz cookies a little while ago but never posted the recipe or pictures. I had bought a cookie press on ebay and I used it righ away. In the box there was instructions and there was also a few recipes. They came out great, even if you don't have a cookie press these would make a good sugar cookie if you add icing and decorations for holidays.....Here's the one I used:
Adapted from http://www.wilton.com/



Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (double this if you don't have almond extract)
1/2 teaspoon almond extract ( didn't use this because I didn't have it so I used double vanilla)
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Steps:
  • Preheat oven to  375 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar.
  • Add egg, milk, and vanilla: beat well
  • Stir together flour and baking powder: gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing until a smooth dough.
  • Do not chill. Place the dough in a cookie press. Grease cookie sheet.
  • Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove cookies from sheet and place on cooling rack
    *You can fill some cookies with orange marmalade, jams, colored sugar etc. to make them pretty. Or dipp them in chocolate...*
I got my cookie press from http://www.wilton.com/ but purchased it on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment